Take care of your pet naturally!
• Functional nutrition and diet recipes
• Commercial pet food: recognizing the good, the bad, andthe unhealthy
• How diet and protein levels specifically affect your pet’shealth and behavior
• Judicious use of herbs and medicines
• How to detect if your pet is feeling pain and where
• Noninvasive, nonsurgical treatments for geneticallyflawed hips and other arthritic joints
• How to know if your pet is happy
• How to clean your dog’s, cat’s, or rabbit’s ears—theright way!
• Pet supplements explained
• Which vaccines to give or not give your pet
• Evolutionary insights into your pet’s behavior
• Getting your new puppy off to a perfect start
• How acupuncture works
• Geriatric wellness and end-of-life care
These pages shimmer with ingenious advice that combinescommon sense
with holistic medicine and the best of modern science. Apassionate, dedicated,
and innovative veterinarian with a background in zoo andwildlife medicine, Dr.
Royal empowers animal lovers to lift their pets into a realmof natural health and
happiness that will be palpable from shiny coat to bouncystep.